Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tutorial: Throw Pillows Part 1

I promised a throw pillow tutorial did I not? And though my machine and I are STILL not on the best terms I managed to whip this little guy out. Just don't look on the inside because the stitching is atrocious. My thread snapped about every 3 inches.

Anywho.

This is the pillow I will be showing you how to make today and in the next few days I will do another tutorial for a different pillow. Be patient with me with my posting, keep in mind I am in the middle of moving!



You can just do one big flower starting from the middle which I still may do but I just did 2 little flowers in each corner! Okay lets get started! 

Supplies: 
1 Yard of fabric in 2 colors
Sewing Machine
Hot Glue Gun
Needle and Thread
Scissors


First cut out a square or rectangle the size you want your pillow to be! I cut mine 16"x16" so I can have 1/2" seam allowance. Then sew around it leaving a 4" hole on one side to use later for stuffing! Then turn inside out and this is what you have!


Then cut 2 strips 2"x36" in a different color!


Then do a stabbing stitch along the bottom of each strip and push together to create a ruffle!



Now whip out your hot glue gun and start coiling the ruffles and hot gluing where your did you stabbing stitch! Adjust to your desired shape and VOILA!

A beautiful pillow!


Now just stuff and use some iron-on adhesive to close the hole!



Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Kyliie you clever girl ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy, Stand by for another Pillow Tutorial :)

      Delete