Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sketch book to Masterpiece

In my last post I showed you my sketch book. And now I am going to elaborate on how I take items in my sketch book and make them. Wherever I go I always have my camera with me. You never know when you are going to find fashion inspiration so I make sure I am always prepared. I will snap a picture and then sketch it. Otherwise I will just think of an item I want to make so I will sketch it. Either way. I sketch it. It's better to have a picture of what you want rather than just thinking about it. So after I have my sketch I take the measurements I know I will need. EXAMPLE! 

Here I sketched this high waisted skirt. I knew I would need at LEAST the measurement of my waist so I went ahead and took that and also got the radius of my measurement just in case I did a circle skirt. I didn't, just in case you were wondering. Anywho then I go out searching for a pattern that is EXACTLY what I want or closely similar. If I don't find one I draft my own. If I find one? Great! All the easier. 


Here are the measurements I noted, usually I do this in my binder but.....I didn't.


So this is the tutorial I found for this skirt. I just made it a little shorter. 


So I set off making it and here is the finished product!


Like I said before I am still learning so the things I make AREN'T the best but this is a fabulous tutorial and I think it is pretty darn good. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment