Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Technical Difficulties

I intended on a tutorial....I really did. I even took some of the pictures. I was going to show how to line clothing. However this little guy is not my friend. EVERY time I put my fabric under the thread breaks. 


After the 20th time I got fed up, threw my fabric on the ground and called it quits. I adjusted the tension many times....other than that I just don't know what it could be. I am NOT an expert on sewing so maybe I am missing something...This is supposed to be a basic machine. But I see nothing basic about it. When I save my money I am going to buy a heavy duty machine. I feel like I am just a heavy duty person. So maybe that is what I need. I did have a bit of a fabric haul for you from yesterday though. I took pictures then decided not to put it up but isn't this the perfect time?

Yesterday I went to the great Walmart (The one in my city doesn't have fabric so I had to go to the one by my college) and to my joy I saw many $1 per yard fabrics! What a steal! But alas I limited myself to four. Patting myself on the back. 


The pink and black are from a few days ago at Hobby Lobby but I threw them in there. Those are what I am using for a tutorial on throw pillows when my sewing machine and I make up. Then I got these lovely knits in baby blue, tan, and peach. Just gorgeous. And a sheer chevron which is going to make darling high waisted shorts with lining underneath. Which is what I PLANNED on showing you today.

Anywho. Pray from peace with my sewing machine and I. And on a more important note pray for the victims in the recent bombing in Boston. My thoughts and prayers go out to them!

Happy Sewing....grrrr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment