Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tutorial: Easy Romper

I love Rompers. I really do. And I have always thought they must be so easy to make. So today I busted out some of my favorite floral fabric and started sewing a romper for Kuki.


Adorable right? And she loves it!

It is so simple I feel bad for making a tutorial on it.

First you make your shorts pattern which I show you how to do HERE. I just extended the waist measurement a little to make it high waisted.




 Just don't put in the elastic waist band quite yet. Make the spot it goes and leave an opening for it but we will get to it later.

Now for the top you are going to measure around the top of your chest for her it was 30" so divide it by 2 and add 3"=18" then measure from your upper chest to wherever you want your romper shorts to end, hers was 10".

So I made a rectangle that was 18" by 10" plus seam allowance.

Then I pinned it to fabric, cut out 2 of them, placed them right sides together and sewed along the short seams.


I have pockets here too but I ended up not using them...


Turn both pieces inside out, match the seams up and place the bottom of the top and the top of the bottom together....confusing I know. Sew around!


Now feed the elastic band through the waist!


Is it starting to look like a romper yet?

I then hemmed the top and sewed elastic on. I measured around her upper chest and cut a piece of elastic that size. Then stretched it while I sew it across. 



This is what we have now, you can leave it like this or add straps! I added these bow straps but changed them to halter straps!


And you are DONE!

The oh so famous 'Kuki Jumping' Shot...


What a cute butt...Am I weird for thinking that?


The back...


Dance break...


And just for laughs...


Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment