Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tutorial: Skirt with Pockets

I have been trying my best to post tutorials lately. I really have but since we moved in it is hard to find wifi when it is not in the house so please, be patient!






Today I am going to show you how to make a skirt with pockets! It is very easy and The result it adorable. Would you believe it if I told you I made 4 already? 2 for me and 2 for baby sister. 

First you need 2 pieces of fabric for your skirt. I used 2 single fat quarters for Kuki’s which measured 18”x21”. You also need to make your pocket pieces. You can make a pattern if you want to reuse it but I just always go through the process of tracing my hand on the fabric. 

Lay 4 layers of fabric on top of each other and cut around your hand giving yourself about an extra inch. Now place your skirt fabric face up and place 1 of your pocket pieces on each side. Measure to make sure they are even, I placed mine 3” down for Kuki’s and 5” for mine! Now sew a seam down the pocket attaching the pocket fabric to the skirt. Repeat on the other side and on the other piece of fabric. 





Now flip the pockets out so all the right sides of fabric are facing up. Put the skirt pieces together right sides together and sew around. Do NOT go straight down the pockets go AROUND them.







Hem the bottom.



Fold the top down leaving enough room for the elastic to go through. 




Now feed the elastic through and sew the hole closed. 

VOILA! DONE!

Do a little twirl...


Jump around....



Don't got no money....


And enjoy your skirt!



Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment