Monday, February 10, 2014

Tutorial: Reusable Makeup Remover Pads

If you are anything like me you go through these cotton pads like no other. I buy a pack every few weeks because I use 2-3 a day! And the other day I was thinking how wasteful that was.
 
So here are my very own reusable ones, and can I say...I am in looooovvvvveeeeeee.
 
 
All you need is a hand towel that you don't mind cutting up, and some cotton fabric.









 
First find a template or make one that is about 3"x3".
 


Then cut out your squares, I did 20 of each.
 


Now pin them together right sides together. (For the towel it doesn't matter which way just make sure the cotton is facing in!)
 


Sew around leaving a small opening like so.
 


Flip inside out and poke out your corners. Fold in the raw edges of your opening.
 


Top stitch around, either Zig Zag or Straight Stitch!
 


You can see that what you have is about the same size as a regular cotton pad!

TIP: Sew with the towel side down, so you will be sewing on top of the cotton.
 


That's it! After use I throw in to a container and every week I put them into a lingerie bag and wash! Easy, and green!
 


Happy Recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment