Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tutorial: Big Bow Necklace

I love bows, like I have mentioned before. And I have seen several of these adorable bow necklaces around. So I decided it would be easy to make one!

Plus who doesn't love a double tutorial day?


Supplies:
Length of chain as big as you want your necklace, some fabric, and a clothing label (optional).


First sew a long strip in half hot dog style, the strip length depends on how big you want your bow. I think mine was about 18 inches. 


Turn inside out, if you are attaching a clothing label make sure you sew it in the previous step. 


Fold down and sew the edges like so.


Form the bow like in the diagram below.



Sew a thin strip for the middle of the bow, wrap around, sew across the ribbon AND chain, and trim the excess. 


Turn the small part inside out to hide the ugliness. 


Form your bow to your desired look.


That's it! Happy Bow-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment