Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tutorial: Flower Crowns + Locked Out!

Remember a month ago when I told you I was so excited to be back? Well the day after that happened I got hacked. And locked out of my Google account. Google was not so helpful and I have FINALLY been approved to get back into my own Google account. 

Enough of the rant, let's see the long overdue tutorial. 
Flower crowns are all the rage right now, and even though summer is nearing it's end. I thought I would should you how I make them. 

You need: Scissors, Hot glue, Felt or other stiff fabric, Bias tape or Ribbon, Any fabric


First cut your base piece, this is where you are going to glue your flowers so bigger is better and you can trim later. I don't like them to go all the way around my head. So mine is about 7.5 inches long and 2 inches wide. Then cut your bias tape the length of your head plus some to tie, I think mine ended up being about 35". 


Then, sew your base piece to your bias tape like so. 


Now we are going to work on the flowers. My strips of fabric were 2" wide. You can make them as long as you want. The longer they are the bigger they will be. 


Set your stitch to sew a straight stitch at the longest setting. Sew all the way down the middle of the strip (Long ways).


Now hold the TOP thread and push your fabric down, this will create a ruffle. 


Make sure it is evenly spread out. 


Now swirl it around and shape it to your desired shape. 


Hot glue it down making sure to hot glue the bottom first, then go around and hot glue where you think it may come up.


Repeat with other flowers (I did 4). Then you can trim around them like I started to do here. 

That's it! Tie around your head and enjoy the hippie feeling. 


Thank you for reading, Enjoy!


I also made this one, which is more of a headband. Using 2 small flowers and a bigger one in the middle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment