Saturday, August 9, 2014

Tutorial: Return of the Reusable Snack Bags

Remember that time I told you I was going to make a better reusable snack bag tutorial like...a year ago? Well hey I finally got around to it! I am still not 100% happy with the outcome. My sewing machine apparently doesn't like sewing over vinyl. So it messes up my stitching. But this one is much more durable than my first one, so I am relatively happy. 

You need: Vinyl (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby), Cotton or Broad Cloth fabric, and Velcro.

First cut 2 rectangles, one out of your vinyl and the other out of your fabric. The sizing is up to you. I think mine was 7" wide by 18" long. (Note: The length needs to be twice the width +4)


Serge all the way around (Don't worry about leaving a hole, we aren't turning it inside out)


Fold up leaving 4" on top to create a flap (Vinyl on the outside) Sew up the sides. Then, flip inside out. 


Fold down the edges of your flaps so the serged sides lay flat. 


Sew on your Velcro (This is where my stitching got WAY wonky)


That's it! To clean just wipe with a wet paper towel. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment